Above: January 2012
Below: December 2012
If you stay in New York too long you'll become too cold, if you stay in Los Angeles too long, you'll become too soft. And in Paris, the longer you stay, the better you'll be.
I'll always feel nostalgic, a special sense of longing and love for Paris. A part of me will live there forever; bonded by sacred and special memories which linger on. And although there are still feelings of uneasiness, too complex to understand, but when it was good, it was wonderful.
Since living in Vancouver. I see the contrast between both French and Canadian culture, even the contrast between Paris and Vancouver. I left an ancient city, an old continent, for the new world, and a new, evolving, contemporary city. Vancouver is transitioning into a 21st century city and it's so exciting to be apart of it. The buildings, the architecture, the design of the city is new. Vancouver is embracing and establishing a cultural change that is socially, ethically, architecturally and environmentally responsible, beneficial and just blissfully beautiful. It's a city that is building itself around a 21st century moral attitude. It's a contemporary city changing with contemporary times.
Although I enjoyed and adored countless aspects of my experience in Paris, I question whether I changed significantly. Whether I changed as much as I initially aspired to. Aesthetically pleasing as my environment was, the ambiance in my work/home life was tense. There was a continuous sense of bitterness, instability, pressure, loneliness and responsibility. Emotional congestion. The home is suppose to be one's safe place, and I lived where I worked. Perhaps not the best environment for change, but a good starting point. Maybe because I've moved back to my homeland where I find a constant supply of security, and comfort, that is where the real change, the change I aspire to obtain will happen. Ten days of living in Vancouver and I've already decided to cut meat out of my diet. I won't even eat chicken noodle soup.
Changes of minute measure occur continuously, happening anytime and anywhere, with positive, negative or perhaps even both results. Until that choice has become a habit, change will materialize and then you'll realize how far you've gone. The process of procession.

No comments:
Post a Comment